Densimet® tool holders.
Whether you are riveting, drilling, grinding or lathing: The machining of lightweight, soft materials can often result in oscillations, vibrations or loud noise emissions.
With our vibration-damping tool holders manufactured from Densimet®, quiet, low-vibration machining is not a problem. Due to its tungsten content of over 90 %, our Densimet® alloy has a very high density and modulus of elasticity. The addition of nickel and iron increases the ductility. Armed with these properties, our material is simultaneously rigid and vibration-damping and is therefore ideally suited for use in tool shanks.
We supply tool holders made of our tungsten heavy metal alloy Densimet® for boring bars, grinding mandrels, tool shafts and all types of precision tool that require vibration-damping in order to ensure smooth running. We will manufacture these anti-vibration tools entirely in line with your specifications and requirements.
Anti-Vibration boring bars made from Densimet® 176.
Thanks to the combination of a high density and a high young‘s modulus, Densimet®176 is the perfect resolution for the ab-sorption of vibrations on overhangs up to 15 times the shaft diameter. Here you see a comparison of the achieveable surface quality with tool holders made of steel and tool holders made of Densimet®176.
This is how it works.
Gladly we will deliver Densimet® 176 rods exactly according to your specifications and tolerances. Contact us, we are happy to submit a quote.
Do you want to machine Densimet® 176 yourself? Let us give you some hints and tipps:
- Rough machining: carborundum wheel 4C 60k AJ10
- Finishing: carborundum wheel 4C 80I AJ10
- Speed: 25 m/s, copious cooling liquid.
- Rough machining: carborundum wheel 37C 36I AJ5
- Finishing: carborundum wheel 37C 36I AJ8
- Speed: 20m/s, copious cooling liquid.
Turning and milling
- Carbide tipped tool. Grade Iso K05 to K20
- Grinding tapper 0° to 15°, rake angle 5°
- Feed: from 0.1 to 0.4 mm/rev.
- Cutting speed from 75 to 120 m/min
- High speed drill, high Co content
- High speed steel taps, high quality material alternate threading
- Quaternary silver or copper based brazing alloy
Directions for shrink fitting
- Conical, hardened steel
- Ring diameter: 2 times the shaft diameter
- Cone length 1.5 times the Densimet 176S shaft diameter
- Shrinking temperature: 250 °C (yellow to yellow brown)
- Caution, both the rod and the ring must be machined exactly to the same cone specification (test with engineers blue)
Directly from stock.
Are you in a hurry? That's not a problem. To guarantee short delivery times, we have rods of diameters between 3 mm and 62 mm in stock.
|3||+0,2 / +0,4||240||+0 / +5|
|4||+0,2 / +0,4||240||+0 / +5|
|6||+0,2 / +0,4||240||+0 / +5|
|8||+0,2 / +0,4||240||+0 / +5|
|10||+0,2 / +0,4||250||+0 / +5|
|12||+0,2 / +0,4||250||+0 / +5|
|14||+0,2 / +0,4||250||+0 / +5|
|16||+0,2 / +0,4||250||+0 / +5|
|18||+0,25 / +0,5||500||+5 / +10|
|20||+0,25 / +0,5||500||+5 / +10|
|22||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|24||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|26||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|28||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|30||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|32||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|37||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|42||+0,3 / +0,6||500||+5 / +10|
|47||+0,3 / +0,7||500||+5 / +10|
|52||+0,3 / +0,7||500||+5 / +10|
|57||+0,3 / +0,7||500||+5 / +10|
|62||+0,3 / +0,7||500||+5 / +10|
Buy Densimet® rods in our online shop.
Easily ordered, quickly delivered: The best way to buy our Densimet®-rods is online at www.shop.plansee.com.
You want a customized product made from Densimet®? Our sales team is looking forward to hearing from you.