Shieldings made of refractory metals
Shielding components made from tungsten, molybdenum and the tungsten heavy alloy Densimet® only allow radiation to pass where it is actually needed. During the generation of X-ray radiation our materials guarantee that environmental radiation exposure is kept to an absolute minimum.
We produce flat shielding elements using an innovative, near net shape process. The result: Our foils and sheets have a particularly isotrope and homogeneous microstructure free from any characteristic orientation. In this way, we are able to combine costeffective production with excellent material machinability. Our materials comply with the ROHS criteria (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and provide numerous medical device manufacturers with an alternative to lead-based components.
Take a look at our broad range of products:
- Shielding components for X-ray tubes
- Densimet® shutter blades for computer tomographs
- Shielding elements for detectors
- Isotope containers for brachytherapy
- Shielding elements for linear accelerators
- Shieldings for oil and gas drilling
Ask us about our extremely dense, space-saving balancing weights.